Monday, July 13, 2015

The Vans x Homegrown anniversary special



I had the honor of working on a pretty special project for my friends skate shop in Ithaca, NY a few months ago. The 10 year anniversary of his shop, Homegrown,  is coming up this fall and Vans approached him about doing a t-shirt to commemorate this occasion and he reached out to me to do the illustration for it. It was a lot of fun to illustrate the skatepark I spent a great deal of time at when I was younger and include little nods to its flooding issues and a friends favorite pair of shoes. If you want one of these bad boys ya gotta get to Ithaca, go to Homegrown, buy a pair of Vans and hope the limited supply hasn't run out yet. Big thanks to Andrew and Joe for this opportunity.

A whole mess of thinking on paper has been included for your viewing pleasure.








Little chest detail on the front


Party in the back.

No comments: